Friday, May 8, 2009

Today, Today, Today

Today is better than yesterday by default. Yesterday featured a math homework marathon that ran about ten hours. Why so long? I'm relearning the basics, and unfortunately it takes quite a bit of time for me to figure things out. Though I must admit that math is pretty cool.

It's just too bad the special "OSU" edition of the Intermediate College Algebra is next to worthless. I've borrowed the standard college text that it was derived from, and I was surprised to see how much better it explained the different problems encountered in every section. So now I hop between the two texts as if deciphering some dead language with my own personal Rosetta Stone.

Tonight we are flying the coop for dearer pastures. I wasn't able to escape as far as the beach, but this is the next best thing: visiting my family. Should be fun, I just hope I can get everything done before we leave. I may try to do homework on the ride down, but even the thought of staring at equations on a bumpy road makes my head hurt.

No comments: