Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Scribbles to Feed Your Belly

I feel like someone threw a switch this week that made everyone in my Spanish class become good friends. Three of us realized we have all at one time or another in ancient history played Magic: The Gathering, which immediately bound us together like blood brothers.

My family is getting together for more festivities this Memorial Day weekend. We may opt out though, since the drive down eats up a large portion of the day and leaves us exhausted by the time we get back to the city. Esther's hitting the road for her cousin's wedding in a couple of weeks anyway, so I reckon she deserves at least one weekend off from taking a trip.

Last night's bible study was entirely dedicated to our friend Holly giving a presentation about her proposed mission trip to parts of Asia. It was an informative evening but I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get down to having any real theological discussions. I need to know more about this Jesus fellow: What's he want with us? What's his plan? Why does the mere mention of his name evoke so much negative emotion from some people while others drive around with "WWJD?" bumper stickers on their cars? Do my friends, family, and colleagues think I'm lame for reading the Bible? Does Jesus think I'm lame for playing Warhammer 40k? Does he have a blog?

Here is Jesus.

Here is Christ.

Here is Sam.

No comments: