Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Disruptor Beam

My back and appendages are thanking me this week because I stopped wearing my backpack around campus. I noticed immediate improvements to my health: I had a lot more energy once I got home yesterday and my muscles weren't in agony. Huzzah!

The trade-off is that I can't work on my homework between classes. Thank God for khaki shorts though: I've got six big pockets on these things and each one is filled with wallet, water bottle, mechanical pencil, car keys, cell phone, pop-tarts, and all the other classroom debris that tends to accumulate in my backpack. I also carry a notebook around just in case an instructor says something noteworthy.

After math recitation today I'm going home to hit the books. Math homework tends to bury me if I don't keep at it. I'm doing pretty slick in that class though. Color me surprised, but I got a 100% on last week's midterm. I probably haven't received a perfect score on a math test in over 15 years, so this is cause for me to dance in celebration.

On a side note, last night was grand: we got food from one of our favorite restaurants, Tai Thai, which is only two blocks down, and then vedged out on the couch for a nostalgic evening watching Star Trek. Evenings like that remind me that we don't need much to be content in our lives; good food and good company are always welcome.

No comments: