Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Clever Blog Title

Today was my first day back to school after a juicy extended Memorial Day weekend. (God bless all our veterans!)

Rain threatened this morning, as I hiked across vast swaths of parking lot to my first class. To change up my morning routine, I stopped in to Cup o' Joe's and bought a coffee which, after five minutes of walking, had managed to spill all over my hand. It tasted awesome though, so no harm done. I usually tend to spill things when I walk anyway.

I got to Spanish a few minutes later and tried to recall what exactly we had been doing on Friday in class. Everyone else was equally lost. Thankfully, our teacher Aida eased us back into the land of 'hablon espanol' with a mother's care, and we were soon back on track.

An hour later I sat in math recitation trying to puzzle out the homework from over the weekend: simplfying and solving rational expressions-- long and difficult math problems that tend to fill up entire pages of my notebook with desperate chicken scratches and arrows. For problems that I don't understand how to do, I'll actually add boxes of text that explains my reasoning for why something should work. It tends to be helpful for when I'm going back through them later on.

Went swimming after class. Good to be back in a pool. I only wish my goggles didn't always fog up.

No comments: