Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Tomorrow, Tomorrow.

Another Wednesday has cropped up on me unexpectedly and I realize I've been neglecting the Eater Blog this week due to various distractions.

Our friends invited us to hang out with them last weekend to drink some beers and play Wii Fit, an amazing application that makes exercise fun and social (waah! impossible!). How'd I do? Not good. The Wii accessed my body's (fake) age at around 37 and that I'd need to eat a banana to make up for my lack of physical activity.

Most of the exercise activities the Wii Fit offers are pretty neat, and we had a lot of fun trying them out. I seem to perform poorly at everything except for dodging soccer balls, though that may be a case of beginner's luck. I look forward to the next time we play (because I've got some records to destroy).

Our friend Clayton was recovering from jaw surgery yesterday so we trekked out to Patalaska to shower him with Frosties and love. And since it was Cinco De Mayo, we celebrated by getting some Taco Bell. Sometime later in the evening Clay, Brandi, and I formed a cheese pact that would keep us bound to follow Esther out of the room when the day comes that we no longer want to see obscene things on television. (last night it was determined that Esther has some internal survival mechanism that protects her from bearing witness to some of the more horrific aspects of reality. I have labeled this newly discovered genetic trait the "accidentally prudent" gene.) She is now our designated canary in the coal mine.

No comments: