Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Deep Sleep and Los Amigos

The right mix of coffee and benadryl kept me up long enough to get some massive studying done last night. By the time the allergy medication took hold I had finished a solid block of cramming for my Spanish exam this morning. Don't actually remember the alarm going off, only that I was staring at the numbers and realizing I was going to be late.

Had an interesting small group session last night. Through fluke or design only a few of us made it out, but it was an amazing night. Hysterical laughter was so contagious that we were all affected at one point or another. After the first fifteen minutes I began to suspect there was some kind of gas leak in the apartment, though I finally concluded that this is how people act when they are among friends and totally at ease.

These were the nights of Bible-study that I had been missing for the past few months. Our group has grown a lot in the past year since we've started attending, first doubling in numbers, and then tripling. While it's heartening to see new people show up, I've worried that we've grown too large to manage. The fact of the matter is that it's too difficult to conduct a round-table discussion with a large crowd. The conversation thread is too easily lost as more and more people vie to speak their piece.

Last night was nice though, in that everyone was engaged in the discussion.

No comments: