Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bird and Kxletrotl

Kxletrotl followed Bird's directions, which led into the Western Wastes. Amongst shifting dunes and an overcast sky, the giant walked in silence. All the while Bird was helpless to escape his grasp.

"Perhaps if you let me go, I can fly high enough to scout out the area and then tell you how far we have to go," Bird suggested.

"I'm not letting you go until I have eaten. Otherwise, I will eat you instead."

Bird sighed.

"Keep walking west. Food is beyond this desert."

2 comments:

Momma Bear said...

how did you come up with the big guys name?

Eater of Small Things said...

Since the story is a fictional creation myth I wanted a name that sounded vaguely Aztec-ish and unpronounceable. I think it comes out to be something like "Kexle-trottle" though.