Monday, April 6, 2009

The Beast Returns

The temperature dropped low enough for them to anticipate snow showers today. It would seem that winter stalks me even in April. The horror...

I'm wondering if they're doing Agora this spring. Supposedly, it's next month based on their website, but we haven't been bombarded daily with reminder e-mails as was the case with the event's prior incarnations. This could either be due to lack of funding, focus, or something else.

I'm reluctant to submit artwork to this show. What if my work sells and they decide to keep the money for themselves? Yes, you know this sounds familiar. I'll more than likely submit something, though it'll be much more lowkey than the Spaghetti Western installation I built for Agora V.

3 comments:

Monkey Love said...

I would like to know if Agora is running again I had a good time last year.

Momma Bear said...

I'm really surprised they have still haven't sent you your money. Wow are you able to contact a lawyer or anything? This seems fishy.

Eater of Small Things said...

I'm making a point to complain as much as possible about the money thing. Today I ranted about it to my friend who helps manage Dick Blick Art Supplies. Blick is one of the primary sponsors for next month's Agora show, so I'm thinking she'll look into this for me.