Monday, July 6, 2009

...And Modest Too!

Sometimes a photo opportunity comes around and it is imperative to seize the moment. This may have been one such occasion, or perhaps it was fate that brought me to stand under the Wright Brothers' Memorial at just the right place. Surely it was meant to be.

My first day back to school began with me staring into the glow of my alarm clock, which had probably gone off at some point in the morning and was subsequently turned off by whim of my subconscious mind. Anyway, my next thought was realizing that I had overslept by approximately two hours. Bad, considering that I had spent all of yesterday studying for two quizzes in my Spanish class, both oral and writing composition. Ah, very bad.

I ended up getting to class about 45 minutes late, the trip spent in intense prayer that everything would somehow magically work out and, if not, at least that I would be able to face the bristling arsenal of fate and consequence with integrity. (no begging on hands and knees)

God tossed me a miracle this morning. And once again I find myself grateful for something that I didn't deserve. Magically, my car did not run out of gas, despite the tank being bone dry, nor had I missed the quizzes. Actually, I had arrived in the nick of time-- much to everyone's amazement. Apparently my classmates had been running through all sorts of fantastic scenarios to account for my absence, including kidnappers and something to do with saboteurs.

I'm pretty sure I did well on both quizzes. Or at least felt very good about taking them.

Man, it's a good day.

No comments: