Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Heat, Gravity, and Darkness

My coffers are now replenished with plasticard and hot glue, basically the raw materials that I pull together to build just about all my projects these days. Unfortunately, I haven't the slightest clue of what to build.

I had briefly toyed with the idea of building a scale model of a dungeon for our oft-talked-about stint into D&D. However, for that, we'd actually need the rules for the game, a dedicated group of people, and a profound geekiness. We have the latter in plentiful supply, but until the former drops into our laps it may have to wait.

My second idea was to build something with a sci-fi theme, especially since we rocked the Space Hulk last weekend and it was very enjoyable. I'm very tempted to build something ivocative of the wrecked space ship corridors. There's something about a dead ship adrift in the cosmos that gives me the chills, and I tend to enjoy movies like Event Horizon as they do well in capturing that spooky weirdness.

I have some other ideas, but classwork is pushing a lot of it out of my mind. Hopefully there will be some time this week to start something new.

1 comment:

Monkey Love said...

Dead ships in space makes me think of reavers! oh no!!!