Wednesday, June 3, 2009

En Otre Realms

I was nudged quietly to get on with writing a blog entry this week, and so some powerful elemental force has carried me to a computer on the 5th floor of Baker Laboratories to peck at some keys for your amusement.

We had a pot luck at our house last night, though I felt more like a spectator than participant. I had just come back from a math test that that burned out some of my social circuitry and wasn't really in top party form. Instead, I spent a good portion of the evening sprawled on different comfy chairs with a vested interest in the variety of dishes available.

For the past week or so I've been suffering from an affliction that I have coined as coffee creep. Despite my daily cup of coffee, I've been hit by fatigue and headache come early afternoon. The only way to feel better was to have a second cup. See, coffee creep requires that I consume an ever-steadily-increasing amount of caffeine in order to function at optimal performance throughout the day. Otherwise, there's the headaches, fatigue, and deep-seated annoyance at all lifeforms.

So I'm taking a break from coffee this week before my head explodes and a hellish tide of caffeine-hornets pours out of my neck cavity.

You still drinking three cups a day, Jeff?

1 comment:

Jeff S Vaughan said...

Thats too weird, i haven't had a cup sense monday. My coffee creep level reached 3 cups in the last year(usually before lunch).