Monday, June 8, 2009

Buckeye Donuts (They Serve Gyros)

Sometimes I get bored and open up the street level option on Google map. After a marathon session of cramming for Spanish, I decided to find out where my final was being held this afternoon. One thing led to another and I was soon cruising the streets around campus in first person perspective.

Since the pictures were taken on different days, sometimes there is a jump in the weather halfway up the street, from sunny to dismal overcast two doors down. Ironic that a good stretch of High Street is overcast and miserable-looking, as I rather enjoy some of these places.

I took a screen shot of Buckeye Donuts seconds before it sank into an icy swirling hell. Always enjoyed getting my grease and/or sugar fix there day or night. In and around this establishment an interesting blend of folks can be found: local artist-types, college students, hobos. Regardless of the upscale developments taking place all along North High, this place still lives on, asserting its cozy eccentric weirdness at everyone who walks by. I hope it stays that way.

No comments: