Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Falling Faces

I feel like I'm being buried alive by this Spanish class. It's swallowed up my life. On the weekends I am studying for Spanish exams. During the weekdays, I am also still studying for Spanish. It goes on and on.

Thinking about different modes of making artwork today. I reason that this blog has, in some minimal capacity, been a useful outlet for when I need to fulfill the 'create and display' directive that has been programmed into my mind.

Recent developments have required me to run a self-analysis. Questions I have: Will I actually exhibit work again? Do I want to? What does it accomplish for me? For others?

Have I lost my artist identity? Have I lost my ambition and persistence? Why does it seem like I was more productive as an artist when my life was miserable?

Note a line from an episode of Spaced where Brian has lost his ability to paint: "Contentment is the enemy of invention." But is this true? Am I afraid of failure?


While I puzzle out the greater mysteries, see what happens when you animate a painting. (hopefully it works): click

No comments: