Monday, July 27, 2009

Out of the Heat

After a weekend of mental healing, I've gone and thrown myself back into the path of the academic machine. I got an A in my Spanish class, so thanks to everyone who's been supporting me and putting up with my perpetual bad moods these past weeks. Love you guys. Parents, friends, family-- you all rock.

And right back into the grind I go: Spanish 103 looks to be particularly ruthless. First impression is that our instructor is going to be pretty rough. I'm hoping that my first impression of her is wrong, though I doubt it.

Sandro, my instructor for Spanish 102 this summer was nothing short of amazing. He was brimming over with the kind of perpetual enthusiasm for teaching that I rarely, if ever, see in college classes. He's headed for Germany to do research for his doctorate the rest of the summer. Safe travels, mi amigo.

Have I talked about my wife lately? This weekend she spoiled me very well, possibly as a reward for kicking butt in my classes. Thanks for the iced coffee and midnight milkshake (or was it a malt?). We teamed up for a good portion of the weekend to assure that the couch did not float away, and had an overall swell time.

We also wrapped up our four-month volunteering project this weekend for our church. Kidsquest was great fun. I'll probably miss teaching those kids to memorize their Bible verses, but for the time being I am just excited about having Saturday nights free again.

No comments: