Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rainy, Cold Summer

It's only the third day of my new Spanish class and I already feel like I'm treading water to no avail. Apparently, my teacher is going be taking up homework every single day in there. I took a break to focus on math yesterday, which came back to bite me this morning when 'la maestro de espanol' told us to turn in 'la tarrea'. (homework)

I've got to find some way to strike a balance between these classes, otherwise I will lose.

We turned in our official 30 days notice to the property management office last night. So it's finally happening again: time to move on. Esther lovingly patted the side of the house once we got home and pointed out that it's amazing we were able to live there for the past two years considering my being laid-off and unable to find a job.

It's the first home where I've been truly comfortable in Columbus. Safe, quiet, convenient, roomy: everything I've ever needed--even a detail as mundane as the basement, where I've come to find myself busting out some new project that requires I make a total mess (a daily occurrence as of late)-- so many cool and useful attributes all in one place of habitation.

Simply an amazing place to live, this casa. I will remember it with fondness.

No comments: