Saturday, June 11, 2016

One Ugly Mug

Today was nice. The weather's hot, but I managed to get a good start on painting the emperor titan's head. In years past, I've had problems using acrylic paints outdoors. I learned that adding matte medium and a bit more water keeps the paint smooth long enough to work it around on the model's surface.


The kids went to visit their grandparents today, so I had the porch to myself. At first I wasn't feeling motivated to paint the titan. I've been pushing along at a rapid pace, and burnout is no surprise to any of us in the hobby.


After some procrastination, I got started on the base colors for the head.


Legio Mortis scheme. Sloppy here, but will get tighter as things progress. I focused on the right side of the head today, thus nothing to really show you on the left.


I'm happy with the progress, though feeling I could use a few days off from titan work.

No comments: