Thursday, June 9, 2016

Launch of the Toothship S.S. Deekai

It's been a busy week taking care of the kiddies, and a semblance of upkeep chores around the house. I managed to catch some work on the emperor titan in fits and starts. Usually out on the front porch so I can make a big mess. Most of that time was spent contemplating the next move, staring deep into the titan's cavernous maw. There are some nervous looks from passersby as I sit face-to-face with this thing.

So, the Corvus Assault Head--how to proceed? On paper the ramp was straightforward. I wanted to cram lots of teeth and nurglings in there.


I hit some literal snags with this plan. Digging out a straight tunnel through the pink insulation foam was tough. The strata contained layers of liquid nails, wire, toothpicks, and pvc pipe. I needed to push through all that without weakening or damaging the torso.


 Making it so that the assault ramp slid evenly was more about feel than sight. Add more bemused stares from passersby as I'm now vigorously thrusting a suspicious object in and out of the titan's mouth with a look of deep concentration.


The teeth were the most durable bits, and the hot glue held up pretty well. The nurglings, however, did not. After suffering a few broken horns and claws, I decided to settle on just a few passengers.


The green-stuffing was my favorite part. I just kept to the areas between the outermost teeth as the sculpting boundaries, so the green stuff won't rub on anything. 

Don't forget to floss, kids.

  

No comments: