Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Journey

More work on the emperor titan's head this week.


This part has been a source of much frustration for a while now. I built it to be modular, for ease of transport and storage. The head/torso chunk is the heaviest and largest module. It is difficult to get into a position where I'm comfortable working on it for extended periods of time.

Sometimes it feels like wrestling a monstrous peanut.
 

The core of that issue wasn't really a question of ergonomics. It was more about project burnout, and the real-life difficulties we all face. In short, I wasn't having fun.

 I'm happy to feel enthusiasm for this work again. That scratch-builder's block is gone. I want to finish this thing. Not just for the end result, but for the journey.


Anyway, I've done some head and torso work. The most important thing I hit on was adding armor like the Forgeworld titans, to cover and replace the ramshackle armor shingles from before.


I'm getting supplies today. Sculpting epoxy coming in the mail, and maybe a stop by the hobby shop to pick up some styrene strips and rods for detail work.

No comments: