Monday, April 4, 2016

Storm of Glue: The Reckoning

So let’s fish this half-finished Emperor titan out of the basement and see what’s left to do. There are some good bits, some bad. I see why it’s taken me so long to get back to this project. Much needs resolving.

There’s a place where wit meets work, and I admit I’ve been short on both these days. For now I’m happy with working on this arm cannon. What was it called? Lasma-fragolator? Twin-linked Hurrican-Boltinating-Melta Thing?

I want to replace or subdue a lot of the organic aspects of this titan. Or at least find a middle ground between Robotic and Slimy. I forgot to mention it's a CHAOS titan, hence the slime.


Today we have some detail work on the gantries. Diamond tread plates and handrails were a good place to start.



I underestimated how curious my kids would be once I started working on this. "Dad is working on a Thing! Come see!" 


Look at this little space marine running around. Having the time of his life. 


In that last pic this space marine is hiding from our kids (background). A moment after this picture was taken they set upon the scene like wolves. I'm glad they like this stuff.

Sometimes I feel useless because I don't have a trade. Yes, I have some art degrees, and a background in painting should have equipped me with basic carpentry and woodworking skills. Really, though, I never felt at ease in the wood-shop. Too many loud, exciting ways to lose fingers. So cross that off the resume.

What other skills might I press into service? I'm surprisingly buoyant. I once got a compliment in that regard while swimming at the Y. That's a good one. Floating is important.


No comments: