Friday, April 8, 2016

The Plastic Anvil

I made more progress on the left arm cannon this week. Due to some persistent health issues I am behind schedule, but overall feeling good about things. 

The gun barrels were extended out a bit using empty pill bottles. Those are still a bit plain so I’ll need to add more rivets and detail. I haven’t undertaken a serious scratch-building project for a few years now, so my collection of interesting and useful bits has shrunk. That said, I do have a lot of plasticard laying around in various thicknesses. The thick stuff is better to work with, but also makes the model heavy.

I built this guy sturdy, so I think it can handle the extra weight. Though in the future we may need to make sure the game table can support it. I think my nightmare would be the titan falling over and landing on someone’s army!


I added some slanted armor panels to the front of the gun, hiding the shot-trap where the barrels attach. Seems to look better.


You can see a bit of the head and torso in some of these pics. They will need a lot of work. I was suffering from project burn-out when I started on those parts. The head was a source of much frustration.


I need to pick a titan legion for this guy. I was thinking Legio Mortis, though I could use some advice in that regard. I'd like to use it in both 30k and 40k games. The former may be a bit of a stretch since it's already so corrupted.

Although I could say it spent some time in the warp? And then showed up for the Siege of Terra? I'm mostly interested in any titan legions that fought alongside the Word Bearers since they're my principle legion.



Things are looking up.

No comments: