Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Anomalous Productivity Surge

I think I've reached a stopping point on this left arm weapon. There's more I would love to do with it, but my gut feeling says it's time to wrap it up. Sure, it's not perfect, but it's good enough for me. There is a tipping point where a project becomes so overworked that there's no place for a person's eyes to rest. For the time being, I will err on the side of "less is more." 




The weather was warm and clear today, so I could spray-prime outdoors. I always look forward to this part. Nothing is quite as cathartic as seeing all the bits in monotone. 

But then, that cathartic moment passes, soon replaced by panic as one wonders what color scheme to use. 


As mentioned in the previous post, there is not much detail on the right side. It will be obscured by the titan's torso once attached.


I'm glad I stopped with the rivets here. My loose style (or impatience) lends itself more to Ork aesthetics. Hoping to tighten up my technique as I go along. Getting back into the groove of things.


There is less chaotic corruption on this weapon arm than the rest of the titan overall. I've got a couple of thoughts on that.  

First, I wanted the guns to look functional, emphasizing their destructive capability. At the same time this would deemphasize the heavy-handed chaos craziness that I've done in the past. This new thinking comes straight from Forgeworld's aesthetic approach to equipment during the Horus Heresy. Their models are minimal-- not to say they're lacking in detail. No, they're just Sleek. Practical. Galaxy-Crushingly Lethal. 

My second thought is that I want this titan to have a home, so to speak. It needs a legion to call it's own. When I started working on it all those years ago I was satisfied calling it "the nurgle titan." Now that the 30K community has exploded onto the scene, and there are primarchs and warlord titans running all over the place, I want to get in on that. 

Some day, maybe years from now, we will be shoulder-to-shoulder laying siege to the Emperor's Palace. Legio Mortis Will Be There.

For now I need to research their color scheme and come up with a plan.

No comments: