Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Alarmed

I woke up dead this morning, or at least in a comparable state of 'unlife', an hour early to work on my Spanish homework. Apparently, in my zombie state I must have forgotten to turn off my alarm clock, as I heard it go off again --and some frantic movement as my poor wife thrashed about in the darkness looking for some way to deactivate the sound.

Later, when I came in to kiss her goodbye, my toes bumped into something under the bed, which turned out to be her own alarm clock, most likely grabbed and then thrown aside as she sought out the source of the noise.

I'm slightly worried now that it's past 11 and I haven't seen her on Instant Messenger yet this morning. I hope she hasn't overslept because of the alarm clock fiasco. I should probably call her and make sure she actually woke up.

There's also the slim chance that this is all in my head.

1 comment:

Monkey Love said...

I want to throw an alarm clock and oversleep for a couple days...put a dent in the like 1000 hours of sleep debt I owe myself.