Friday, March 27, 2009

Sea to Sea

I swam for the last time at the YMCA today, and realized that this was one of those benchmark moments. I canceled my membership at the Y because I'll be swimming at the university pool (crowded waters filled with upstart tuna). I will miss the Y, and the 'mom-and-pop' feel it had. I never even had to buy a lock for my locker there (although there was really nothing to pilfer except my shoes and pants, and if someone needed those items that badly, I say take em). So yes, the Y was good to me and I recommend it, specifically the Hilltop location. And a genuine thanks to everyone who helped pitch in to give me a birthday present that I milked for several months.



Here's where I would normally draw up some powerful and descriptive metaphor about how going back to school is going to be like hunting a giant whale. Instead, here's a link. Go read about Monstro.


1 comment: