Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Stagnation Lie That We Thought Up One Day

hesitateI'm done hemming and hawing on the topic of personal stagnation. I voiced it out loud today just to hear it filtered through my ears. (as this debate has been more internal than anything else) And it's crap. And I'm a crazy person for ever letting myself dwell on it. End of story.

Well, technically, "end of chapter" would be a more appropriate phrase here, as there are new challenges ahead. Vast clouds sail toward the horizon, and I dare myself to race them.

I look around the studio today and realize I've never actually stopped making artwork. Yes, the context has shifted, and you won't find much more substance than "Ooooh, pretty," but I thank the Lord for hot glue and sheet styrene because I'm doing what I've always wanted to do. I  thank the Lord for all the people in my life who push me forward. We're there for each other, and we love what we do.

Consequently, I'd like to thank the Lord for the gardening shears I use on a daily basis that simply refuse to break.

No comments: