Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Contemplation

I think it's possible that my life runs in thirteen-year-cycles. At present I am 26 years old, that would put me on the threshold between the end of one cycle and the beginning of the next. As we all know, it can be a bit frightening to come to an end. What is the conclusion? Is there any net gain? What did I learn? Is it tax deductible?

I’m wondering how I measure up. Hindsight shows that from the age of 13 to 26 I've found a variety of ways to entertain myself. I’ve spent many of those years in school. I’ve eaten many strange and delicious things. I was an art instructor at OSU for a couple of years. The next year, I dressed “office casual” and worked a crap job scanning documents for a mortgage company. Those were the high and low points of my career, respectively. On the homefront, I’ve been married for two years, and I rededicated my life to Christ less than a year ago. All-in-all, I'm certain this cycle ends on a good note.

I'm sure that more interesting things happened, but there will be another time for musing about the past. For now, it’s time to focus on the next cycle of my life. There’s a lot I’d like to get done between now and 2021.


1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

I vote for more blog entries!!