Friday, January 9, 2009

Oven-Fried Chicken: A Rock Opera

Alright, so not a real rock opera. Just dinner. Here's an easy one I made this week. Oven-fried chicken is the bomb.

Preparing the chicken: I got around my dislike for thawing meat in the microwave by placing four frozen chicken breasts in a big bowl of cool water. After about a half-hour, the chicken was thawed and ready. We've got a pair of kitchen scissors that come in handy for clipping the little bits of fat away (do this now) and pat the chicken dry.

Next, mix some egg-beaters and 3 tbl spoons of milk into a bowl. Dip each piece of chicken in the mixture and then roll in a mix of bread crumbs, spices, and pepper until both sides are well-coated. Place in a greased pan, drizzle with some melted margarine and bake for 50 minutes. (preheat on 375 degrees)

Other sides: I went with Instant Mashed Potatoes and steamed some frozen broccili and cauliflower. Next time I'll try stuffing as well.

Suggested Drinks: We were out of beer and wine, so I went with a glass of Arizona Pomegranate Green Tea. Technically it's green tea, but it looks and tastes like red cool-aid. I drink this stuff by the barrel.

Suggested Entertainment: We watched the 1984 hit Cloak & Dagger. It was our first time watching this movie, and it was pretty surreal.

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

This dinner looks delicious. I am so proud of you with all the considerations of drink accompaniments and all
Bon Appetit
Sharon