Thursday, January 8, 2009

Basements and Horizons

Nothing interesting in the pipeline today. The basement (rendered above) is becoming a vast, empty wildress of limitless new potential. I've already got a new mega-project waiting in the wings. Hope to give it the green light sometime in the next few days. My friend, David, donated a big bucket of wallpaper paste to the art cause, and preliminary experiments with this substance have yielded some amazing results. It takes and holds paint very well, is workable but sets up in a short span of time, and is non-caustic. It also mixes nice with cat litter for texture. (the first experiment was to create a textured, realistic surface for our warhammer gaming table, which I tick down as a resounding success)

What to do with wallpaper paste? I'm not certain yet. I keep thinking of rolling hills though. We'll see.

In an ironic twist: after my pro-swimming post, I suffered from burning, blurry eyes for the entire day. Chlorine attack!

Wear your goggles in the pool, kids.

No comments: