Saturday, February 27, 2010

Wherever I May Roam

Woke up today with the roaming itch-- the urge to scour a new section of the planet, somewhere that has yet to see my face. So I looked around on Google maps and found this huge island in the South Pacific, just sitting there, waiting for colonization.

I have to find a way to Australian. Meet some Aussies. Swim in their famously shark-infested waters to see what all the fuss is about. Visit Tasmania. Have a look-around. Nothing big.

Ah, but lack of money: the Great Financial Barrier Reef. Maybe time to start writing grant proposals. Heck, maybe someone's already offering residencies to fly artists from Wet & Agricultural Ohio into the Desolate Interior Wastes of Oz to kick around and get inspired.

I'll look into it.

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

I want to travel, too! Let's go to Africa!!