Friday, February 5, 2010

Leash and Noose

Getting tired of bruised purple-blue? Good, because it's still my favorite color scheme. Unabashedly, I roll out another one where some bizarre creature is doing something-- possibly ninja-kicking some scribbles, or break-dancing. I dunno. We'll have to put it to a vote, though I prefer to think he's harvesting something, maybe even picking a wittle fwower.

It's snowing. I'm trapped inside. Glee! Because what's trapped in here with me? Work table! Tools! Caffeine! And a lonely bottle of Magic Hat's 'Not Quite Pale Ale' whose remaining lifespan is being measured in hours. Tick, tock, tick, tock... Sad little beer. No worries. Soon you will go on to join your brothers. Mwah hah ha ha.

I daydream about you reading this, maybe sitting cross-legged in a field, snow drifting down to settle on your shoulders while you click-click-click on a little laptop computer. Or maybe on a beach at night, where your face is lit ghoulish white from the screen, waves crashing just out of reach. Toes digging in the sand, and the breeze is actually a bit more chilly than you anticipated. Maybe you're in your secret underground lair, where you've taken a break from hatching your evil schemes to just surf the net and see what's been going on.

Sinister laser-eyed guard-dogs drool on the rug as you click-click-click.

No comments: