Friday, May 6, 2016

Precarious Normality

I'm still muddling through this weapon design. It's been important to distinguish it from the vengeance cannon. This has lead to more organic curves over the boxy, angular look of the latter. This could work. It's still in a place of uncertainty, which is not terrible. 



The extra weight is a growing concern, but the connection point is at least snug. Once I wiggle the pipes together, they are tight enough that the forward weight causes the smaller pipe to brace against the inner wall of the outer pipe. Sorry, if that's confusing-- I have trouble articulating physics.



I smashed up an electric carving knife to see if it would yield any useful bits. The ergonomic grip had some interesting curves to work with. It reminds me a bit of the old Portal gun, so there's a nice homage if it keeps going in this direction.




What comes next?




No comments: