Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Jacket


Had a good, long weekend. My family came up to celebrate my birthday. There was plenty of food and conversation to go around. Good times.

I took my dad to the Franklin Park Conservatory on Saturday. He had a good look around and decided that his dream-house would have its own tropical grotto resplendent with waterfalls and songbirds.

I also took him to my secret park: the acres-upon-acres of endless mowed grass that would make any land developer salivate. And all empty, save for the microscopic blob in the distance that may or may not be someone walking a dog.

Before he left, Dad vowed that he would finish walking the mountain trail that so thoroughly beat us to a pulp almost two months ago. We walked six grueling miles that day and ended up turning back before reaching the end. I hope he goes for it; Our family honor is at stake.

No comments: