Sunday, November 30, 2008

Operation Spaghetti Freedom

operation spaghetti freedomI thought it'd be fun to start writing about the meals I've been preparing. The idea is that I will have a nice little archive documenting my culinary successes and failures in a place that I can access from anywhere. And this is, after all, a blog about "Eating Small Things". It's high time I did the title some justice.

Tonight I made spaghetti. It went fairly well. Next time I think I'll double the amount of tomato sauce and switch out the organic spaghetti for some rough and tumble whole wheat pasta.

Appetizer: Salad

  • Field Greens
  • Garlic Croutons
  • Ranch Dressing

  *This is as basic as it gets. We buy bags of salad from the grocery store, bust it open, throw on the croutons, and hit it with the dressing. Could use some tomatoes in the future.

Side: Garlic Bread

  • French Baguette
  • Butter / Spread
  • Garlic Powder

*Cut the bread into halves, spread butter and garlic powder on the face-up side, place on cookie sheet, and toss in the oven and bake at 350˚ for 5 minutes.

Main Course: Spaghetti

  • Organic Spaghetti
  • Tomato Sauce
  • Lean Hamburger Meat
  • Onion
  • Parmesan cheese

*Yep, everyone knows how to make spaghetti.

Wine: Pinot Noir

*Good compliment to all the other junk I cooked. Picked up a nice bottle down the street for only $4.

And that's spaghetti. I find a good compliment to this classic meal is none other than a classic SNES game. For this particular occasion you'll want to treat yourself to some Super Mario World to complete the evening.

Mmm, Italian.