Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Machine, Machine...

 

Come to life

Cogs grind, sweat, and drip condensation

A singular drive to move

The promise of progress, that kinetic agony of motion

Somber metals screech to life

Inert, Alert

Nothing quite like seeing those rusted works in motion

 

So yes, I wrote a poem today. It's a shorty, but I didn't spend much time on it. The point is that there is much work to be done next month. Exciting, yes. The landscape piece I've been working on is going to be in an exhibition in a few weeks. I thought by submitting it to Agora V, the deadline will get me working double-time to finish.

I'm also taking courses to nab my Certified Internet Webmaster cert. A prestigious-sounding title, no doubt. It's my doorway to the next certification in line, which is Java-scripting. A less prestigious-sounding, but more insanely useful title. It's the only way I can learn the software programs I need. (action-scripting, yum!)

Once I get a working grasp of Flash software, there's also a myriad of side-projects currently on the back-burner that need some addressing. (wink, wink, Brent)

Speaking of back-burners, Jeff has stopped asking me, "How's the Manta coming along?" Are there enough hours in the day for all of this?

We're bound to find the answer to that question come November. Jeff's thrown the gauntlet down, and we're going to be participating in NaNoWriMo this year. Care to join in the tradition of procrastinating for years, and then suddenly trying to overcompensate by doing the impossible? Sure you do! Come write the great American novel... in a month. Click here.

Get to work!

2 comments:

Jeff S Vaughan said...

I think the only really good solution is to finish the manta before october 31st, leaving you free in November to Write Novel.

Eater of Small Things said...

Nonsense! That plan is far too logical.