Friday, August 22, 2008

Tales from the Stoop

During a bible study meeting this week, we were asked to name something in our lives that we were satisfied with. My immediate thinking was how much I enjoy sitting on the stoop in front of our apartment. No matter what time of day it is, and no matter who I have for company, this is the spot I have staked out as my happy place.

The truth is, I love living in this corner of Columbus. I've moved six times in the past seven years, and frankly I'm satisfied with our current locale-- and relieved that we're staying put for the time-being. It's quiet, private, and interesting here. And since there's not a lot of road traffic, we're content to let the cat roam far and free like some kind of natural predator.

More or less everything we need is in walking distance. Grandview is right down the block, with a bevy of Italian bistros, coffee shops, and cafes. Granted, the walking can tough-going in bad weather, but it's not a big deal.
I believe that once our financial situation is upgraded to allow for "moderately comfortable living" we may settle down here. Until then, we take the cards as they are dealt and hope for the best.

No comments: