Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Walk Before You Run

I need a place to write, but I don't do well with keeping a journal. Stuff like that always get misplaced. I can never keep track of it. So back to blogging.

I'm straining very hard to put one foot in front of the other today. Walk. Just walk in a direction. Push yourself. Get going. Go.

Go with intent. Deliberate steps. Writing again is just one of these steps. It's accountability. It's communication. And it's archival. I appreciate the handiness of this blog-tool for all it's accessibility and ease.

And now to add content. Something personal about my day. A quick aside:

Coffee tastes faintly like ashes in my mouth today. Reminds me of cigarettes. Of art school. Of hanging half-out the window to smoke, one leg hanging over the ledge. Confident in that moment that nothing could ever unbalance me. Send me falling to my death.

Naive. Cool.

Today's agenda: what can a person accomplish in an hour and a half?

No comments: