Friday, February 22, 2008

The Vacation Project

ovacationAs the sun rises this morning, it marks Day Three of my vacation adventure. This isn't your ordinary, run-of-the-mill vacation where people lay on the beach, sipping drinks and working on their tans. This is something more important: this is a vacation away from myself.

Actually, this is a vacation away from the things that have attempted to steal control of my life. I'm taking a break from all my usual time-wasters in the hope of finding something better. I've packed up my Warhammer models because I spend too much time painting them. I'm avoiding the internet for the most part because of the web-sites and hobby forums that gobble up my days. Interesting note: when I type "internet" my spell checker lights up and warns me to capitalize it. Fah! Perhaps I should start capitalizing the word Ocean, as well, Because That's Where Lobsters Come From.

internet

So we've established that I'm on vacation. What do I hope to accomplish in the coming days? All kinds of stuff. I'll be looking for a cool job, growing a beard, getting in touch with God, visiting more people face-to-face, talking to less people over the internet, making new art, kicking butt, ect.

Wahoo!

No comments: