Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Sludgetown, part 2

sludgeburg01

The second district of Sludgetown is now under construction. As you can see from the images, the resin water came out looking great. It's about one inch deep and something like 90% transparent. There are random objects trapped under the surface, too, which improve the overall appearance of desolation and pollution that I was going for in the first place.

Today, I plan on adding the upper ground level if I find the time. It'll be a hollow plane, so expect to see some nice holes where buildings and machinery have fallen through into the sub-level.

Inhabitants. I've been rolling around the idea of having mutants or zombies wandering about these cities, the sort of creatures you'd expect to see in a place like this. Expect lots of gore if I go down that road; I can't help myself when it comes to monsters. Decision pending.

Audio. Yes, I want these pieces to be accompanied by a soundtrack component. I'm looking for something experimental and electronic, that builds from foreboding atmospheric ambient to cold technobeats and back again. If you have no idea what any of that means, that's okay. I'm not so sure I'm explaining it right anyway. Think "video games," if that helps. Think "Metroid."

I need an electronic musician.

sludgeburg02 sludgeburg03 sludgeburg04

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

I would like a blog about the puppet show.