Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Macharius Vulcan Camo Netting

I decided to try something new over the weekend. Inspired by the Forgeworld Masterclass piece on how to make camo netting, I decided to give it a shot. My Macharius Vulcan seemed like a good candidate for the experiment since it's larger than the standard 40k vehicle, and there are plenty of large, flat surfaces to muck around with.

Since the wife went out for a ladies' night, and the kids were in bed I was free to queue up some youtube tutorials and take over the family room for the evening.

I distressed some medical gauze and soaked it in a mix of water, PVA glue and paint. After that I hung the gauze to drip dry for a few minutes. I added some wire hooks on the Macharius to hold the netting. Next I rolled up the gauze and stretched it onto the hooks. That was the fun part. It was a mess, but I didn't mind. Painting will come later.





2 comments:

Mordian7th said...

That looks like it turned out really well - Looking forward to seeing it painted up. Good stuff, man!

Eater of Small Things said...

Thanks, Mordian! Your own blog continues to be a wealth of inspiration and helpful reference images.