Thursday, November 10, 2016

French in the Great War

I started painting some historical miniatures this month, focusing on French in the Great War. It's unclear whether I will ever get back into regular tabletop gaming, but I still love the models, and history is awesome. 

These are Battlefront's sculpts released circa 2015. They've got loads of details and have been fun to paint. There were a few bayonets and rifle-grenades that broke off when I cleaned up the models, but not a big deal at 1:100 scale.

As for the color scheme I tried to follow a painting guide for the French Metropolitan uniform, which was pale-ish blue. I probably went too bright with the blue, which is no big deal. Considering these uniforms were probably stained with mud and dirt in no short amount of time, I can live with the more intense color.  





No comments: