Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tomorrow, Today

I've noticed a correlation between times when it's raining and the frequency of my blog posts. The same holds true for when I am ill. So today is double-trouble in that it is both raining am I am recovering from a bug. So I dust off the blog and take it for a stroll.

Dear Planet Earth:

You are beautiful. Everything about you is wondrous, down to the little weird things like dirt, mud, and rotting leaves. Even in your mundane aspects I can find merit. When I spend any amount of time amongst your splendor it never fails to leave me with a feeling of peace.

You are a good planet. I'm sorry we keep ruining you with all the horrible detritus of human civilization, things like oil spills and toxic waste to name a few. Let's never pretend for a second that our current way of life does not come with a cost.

We'll wreck your ecosystems on a whim if we think there's something of value that can be squeezed out of it. We cause extinctions. We are your most destructive biological inhabitants. Viruses ain't got nothin' on us. We're too in love with the sound of our own voices.

We're sorry. I promise we'll try harder from now on.

With all our love,
The Humans

1 comment:

Ninjamonky said...

Rain and illness can suck it! Lets dance...put on your red shoes!