Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Moderate Escapism as a Career

Driving home last night, I decided that maybe I should have a back-up plan with regard to my career. After a moment of consideration, I decided that I would be interested in going to med school, mainly to become a doctor who helps patients who have suffered a stroke.

Reasons for this as a possible career choice: Reason #1, I have excellent hand-eye coordination from decades of art-making and video games. Reason #2, I can engage in incredibly tedious activities for long periods of time without losing concentration. Reason #3, I am a jokster, and could see myself pawing at a patient's noggin while moaning, "Braaaaaains... braaaaaains....". Reason #4, I'd like to make a positive contribution to humanity to make up for all the days I sleep late.

Stroke prevention tips can be found here.

1 comment:

Momma Bear said...

You are making me laugh! Sorry if you are serious...but if you attempt med school now you're in for atleast 8 years before you can begin to practice depending on your specialty. Do you really want to do that? I honestly could see you being a social worker. You are really engaged with others and you're very thoughtful and endearing. Just a thought that's just a couple years of schooling :)