Saturday, April 2, 2016

The Penitence Crusade

Once a very long time ago there was a man, an engineer by trade. He designed things. Fascinating things. And he created free templates to serve the worldwide gaming community. His AutoCAD templates were for all sorts of wonderful models to be used with the Warhammer 40,000 game system. The most famous being his Warhound and Reaver titan STC’s. This man called himself Lack0fbettername.

I was blown away by the scope of his visions. I stalked him through his various project blogs and discovered he lived in the same city, and even frequented the local game store! I had to meet this man.

And so we embarked on an awesome journey. He was actually pretty cool to hang out with. I temporarily shelved my plans to eat his heart to gain his strength. And thus we began collaborating on new projects, setting the bar higher and higher as we went along.

On one fateful night of drunken boasts, we swore a pact to each build an Emperor titan. We would then play an epic game of Warhammer 40k, titan vs. titan. It would be awesome.

Lack0fbettername finished his Emperor titan years ago.

 I DID NOT COMPLETE MINE.

The time has come to atone for my failure.

 I WILL NOT FAIL THIS TIME.

Thus begins my Penitence Crusade...


--April 2nd, 2016--

I began construction of some external gantries on one of the titan's primary arm-mounted weapons.


Warhammer 40k is a tabletop miniatures game in 28mm scale. Titans are large bipedal machines that carry an over-the-top arsenal of doomsday weaponry. Due to their powerful abilities, these titans are often only used in large games where there will be teams of several players facing off.


Fun Fact: When we started working on our Emperor titan project, neither I nor Lack0fbettername had any children. Now that I've started my penitence crusade I have three kids, and he has two! So quite a lot has happened over the past few years.  


Fun Fact: The ubiquitous Space Marines, Warhammer 40k's most recognizable and iconic models, are celebrating their 30th birthday anniversary this month. I think I started collecting and painting these miniatures when I was in 9th grade.  


Fun Fact: As of this writing, Lack0fbettername and I are separated by 480 miles. We have made this exodus only a few times. Once he drove all the way up here with a trunk full of beer, a jar of peanut butter, and a loaf of bread to subsist on. This man is an Eagle Scout.

More Facts to Come.

No comments: