Friday, January 8, 2010

Turbulent

Snow when I open my eyes, snow when I close them. Snow everywhere, far as I can see in any direction.

While I was momentarily grateful that the studio proprietor plowed the parking lot, I soon found my way into the building blocked by a five-foot high wall of snow. On the best of days, I am a natural navigator of rough terrain, lithe and sure-footed. In 12 inches of snow, that grace is exchanged for a loping series of hops, and all the awkwardness of a day-old calf.

Trying to forge around the obstruction, I fell into a drift that came up to my knees. Aaaaarrrgghh. So now rather than getting work done I'm sitting in wet socks, trying to find some way to dry my shoes.

Cold feet aside, I found a cup of coffee and that makes everything okay; because coffee always reminds me; alway; always: always reminds me-;: and then the remembering makes everything okay.

i know why i am here; thanks for that

2 comments:

The Natural Navigator said...

Very rare blog - original. Nice work. I can't actually understand it much of the time, but I simultaneously get the feeling that we are saying similar things.

Eater of Small Things said...

Thanks for the compliment. I admit to often resorting to cryptic phraseology, and am glad you can derive meaning from the riddles.